Wednesday 20 February 2013

Not under pressure to be visible on big screen: Soha Ali Khan

Soha Ali Khan. 

The 34-year-old daughter of Sharmila Tagore made her Bollywood debut with 'Dil Maange More' back in 2004 and went on to star in acclaimed films like 'Rang De Basanti', 'Khoya Khoya Chand', 'Mumbai Meri Jaan' and '99'.

"I understand that it has almost been eight years in the industry and that it is competitive and important to be visible and to work constantly. But I have never felt these pressures. I think it is important to do good work and last longer than to do lot of work and burn out quickly," Soha told in an interview.

In 2011, the actress starred in just one film, 'Soundtrack', after which she was seen playing a pivotal role in Deepa Mehta's 'Midnight's Children'.

"It also depends on what is offered to you and what you like. The idea is to do good work. A film is a part of what I am doing. In 2012, I did a number of things - a comedy film, a dramatic film in terms of shooting and also a fashion based TV show 'What Not To Wear'. There are a number of ways to keep yourself creatively engaged. Working in films is definitely the focus for me and I would like to do it," she said.


EB

No comments: