Friday 1 February 2013

Justice of Nature


Justice of Nature

"It's the justice of nature that if you run after material wishes and ignore the basic needs of your soul, upon which our Universe is created, then a time comes when you have to pay the price of making wrong choices. Love, devotion, goodwill, sacrifice, helping others, are far more greater forces than money, fame, luxury and power."

I was sitting on my work chair and wishing to calm myself from last night,s conversation i had with one of my old friends.
I spoke last night to one of my old friends in Toulouse, France. His name was Mubarik Ali. I met Mubarik, in 19 99, on one of the most beautiful hilly area of pakistan "Thandyaan" nearly 150-200 km from Abbatabbad. Mubarik was turing 43 now but still single. Last night he was discussing his life ; his colloquial conversation was deep and touching. I knew he was depress and low, so i would let him speak most of the time. He started .... "You know what Emmad, I have worked hard to get to this place. I have spent hundreds of sleepless nights, reading and working on my assignments. I am a software engineer in one of the biggest air plane making companies of the world, Boeing. I am literally earning that much money in a month what a normally european man don't earn in his whole life. From childhood i have wished to get to this place. Independent, wealthy, free, liberal, powerful. Today when I have acquired everything, and i can buy any and every luxury commodity of the world. I feel so weak and shallow inside. I feel something is still missing in my life. The thing i have never thought about in the past, never have bothered much about, and always has taken it as a joke exactly his thing has started to erode my bones me now. "Whats that thing"? I asked him, without interrupting the flow of his thoughts. "Love" He replied in low sad voice. "I don't know who to share my success with, I don't know who will motivate me further in life. "You know my parents na" He asked me in kind of checking tone whether i was there and listening. "Yes" i confirmed him. He continued again "they have grown too old now, I sometimes feel lonelier even when i am talking to amma. Because she does not speak anymore,she just keeps on looking at me from her weak frail eyes.
"I have asked you number of time to get married, you are turing baba now" I reminded him, trying to easy his heels with forced joking words. "No Emmad bahi, its not just marriage i miss, it's not that I need a woman to take care of me. I can take care of myself even if i dont marry all my life. I miss a family,s existence. I wish I had spent less time on working and reading and earning money, and had given more attention in making and raising my family life on right time."
A long deep silence followed his answer. Few more moments, and i heard a 43 years old man with extreme richness was crying in helplessness. And he hung up the phone.

I had nothing to offer him. No words of solace could diminish his grief. It was a justice of Nature.



EB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

truly heart touch and thought provoking.
Fa bi aai-ye aalaai rabbi-kumaa tukazzibaan.( Al-Quraan )