Saturday 1 September 2012

NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra'

Matte lipsticks. They wear longer on lips than other formulas. The only glitch – it dries out lips. But u ll keep coming back to it nevertheless.

NYX Matte Lipstick :

NYX Matte Lipsticks are highly pigmented, richly formulated lipsticks that glide on smoothly, stay put and impart a non-glossy, high-fashion matte finish as they envelop lips in brilliant color. From Pure Red to Nude,

Matte Lipstick is available in 22 rich, shades.

A woman,s comments :

Sierra is a gorgeous brown pink that for some reason appears a bit bright on me, more like an orangey copper but pretty wearable, I truly love it! I believe this shade would flatter fair to medium skintones the most. It's hard for me to break out of my nude/pink shell for a daily wear but this one pulls me in. In my opinion it's a perfect shade for fall and winter. I am extremely pleased with the pigmentation; it gets opaque on first swipe! One thing you should be wary of is that it might look cakey or settle into your lip lines if applied too much.

Unlike the other matte lipsticks that I have tried, this one has a creamy texture that doesn't drag on the lips so the application is super comfortable. I don't think it dries out my lips however as time goes by, it sucks all the moisture so prepping your lips beforehand is essential. It doesn't look matte initially as it gives a slight sheen but it does turn matte after a while. It is faintly scented – almost undetectable – which doesn't linger so that's not a problem.

As expected, I get about four to five hours of wear from it without eating or drinking which in my book is a good wear time. However, as it fades, it can look patchy which can be a turn off. If you have dry flakey lips or if the weather is dry and cold where you live, I suggest steering clear of matte lipsticks.

Overall, I am very happy with NYX Matte Lipstick and prefer it over Round Lipsticks. I definitely want to try out more shades from the range.

You might like it if…
You're looking for true matte lipstick.
You expect it to wear long.
It flatters your skintone.
You like the creamy texture.
You think the price is reasonable.
You might not like it if...
You think it dries out your lips.
You have dry/chapped lips.


Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

No comments: